Monday, February 16, 2009

A day @ Malacca

Went to Malacca last week with my family. It's actually a unplanned trip as we have actually decided to go only last minute. But it's ok as it's really been a long long time since we go there.

Sis says she will bring us to eat one of the famous Chicken Rice Shop at Jonker Street. Heard from my mom that she used to go Mallaca quite often with her boyfriend, so I think I can trust her on this. Well, we have reached the shop quite late which is almost lunch hour. And yes, this is the shop whereby we are going to have for lunch, Kedai Kopi Chung Wah...

From outside, it's just look like a normal ordinary shop selling chicken rice..But hey, did you see the crowd queueing there? OMG!! Sis, this shop is really famous for the chicken rice or long queue??

Sis boyfriend managed to get a place after 15 minutes, I think...Luckily we don't really need to wait long for our turn. After eating, most the people will left for the next people to eat. Anway this place don't really looks like a suitable place for you to chatting...

Tang! Tang! Chicken Rice Balls...I don' really know whether you can get this elsewhere beside Mallaca, but since this is what Mallaca famous for, of course we have to go for it, rite?

Err..when the chicken comes, me and my mom was like...do they have another shapper knife? Haha...Anyway, we were really too hungry to care about this anymore...Eat, eat, eat...This shop actually only have Chicken and Rice Ball, nothing else...Don't expect to have Char Siew or Roast Pork here...Eventhough it's limited choice, its still doesn't stop the people coming here...which explains to the long queue..


Total bills come at RM70++, whether it's worth it or not, you'll be the judge.

While my sis boyfriend was waiting for the queue just now, me and my mom have actully went to "San Shu Gong" which is just right opposite the Chicken Rice Shop...This is actually the place whereby you can find for Mallaca traditional snacks and titbits...with a very very nice packaging...I still remeber my first time having it which is brought by one of my Mallaca friend..and since then I'm in love with it...

Mandy who can control herself have get herself a big plastic filled lots of Mallaca titbits and snacks...I would consider it's not really expensive as I have bought quite a lot but it's only cost me about RM40++...but I can't pay by credit card as they only accept payment above RM60...

After curing our hunger...we decided to hang around there. And since it's a weekend, you can really expect for a lots of event here, example Kite Flying Competition...

And this is the Revolving tower is located at Bandar Hilir, beside Dataran Pahlawan Megamall. This 110m high revolving tower was built using Swiss technology at a total cost of RM23mil. It is the first of its kind in the country with a revolving observation cabin, which provides a breathtaking 360-degree view of the entire historical areas in Melaka city. The air-conditioned revolving viewing cabin is equipped with 80 seats. It revolves as it rises from ground level to the top of the tower. Each viewing session would last 7 minutes. Fares for locals are RM 10 for adult and RM 5 for children....

Yea, I have talked so much but in fact I din't really go for it, haha. And the far end there, if you can see, it's actually the Eye On Malaysia...I already experience it during they have it at Titiwangsa so don't really keen to go for another round of it...



After done with exploring around all these old building, we decided to head back to Jonker street to have cendol before go back to Seremban...

Along the street, there were really lots of beautiful things for you to see...Beautiful coloured thongs...wonder anyone will buy this??

Cute cute magnet...

Cute cute lil clips...

Finally, we reached the place for cendol...this place were brought by one of my Mallaca friend during my school time..Lucky I still can recognise it as it's still not much difference with the last time I've been here which is I think 6 or 7 years ago.. wohoho...

Inside the shop...really oldie feel whereby you can find lots of antique displaying around, be it on the floor or those pics hanging on the wall...wondering it's the table and chairs we are sitting is also an antique which is older than me??

The long awaited cendol, trust me...this is really really nice. The next time you go to Mallaca, make sure you try this...you can't get this elsewhere...

Din't have the chance to go to the weekend night market, din't have change to eat satay celup also...Arghh, don't mentioned it...too much things to do...but we just have too lil time...
Will make sure I will come back for more...hehe

Once reached home, me and my sis whose can't wait patiently anymore have already take out the scissors to open all the snacks we have bought in Sam Shu Gong just now...

On the left: Melon Seed biscuits
On the right: Taro Cream Cracker with Coriander Leaf

Lo Poh biscuit...

Green Tea cake with Walnut

Kuih Koci, Green Tea and Black Glutinous Flavor...

Some of the things we bought from Jonker Street...

2 comments:

Syiok Sendiri said...

ah... Malacca, its like an unofficial hometown of mine. I know the place better than my actual hometown in Johor.

Carysse said...

hey Mandy, u make my heart more gatal to go malacca la.... aih, i miss the chicken rice ball and also the durian cendol!!! Just told my hubby last week i wanna eat and now saw ur blog again..... :(

Blog Widget by LinkWithin