Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Purple Cane Tea Restaurant

One of the restaurant which is on my "wanted to go" list is this "Purple Cane Tea Restaurant", which I finally have the chance to go last Sunday...hehehe...I started to get to know bout this interesting place is when I saw the one which is @ Gardens...I guess that is the most famous one whereby it was featured on countless lifestyle magazine and also tv show...

At that time, I were already very tempted to go, but with such a high class interior, I'm worried it will cost a bomb which is such a wrong thinking...

I have already read too much review about this place and I'm sure I already know this place very well..It can't be a mistake anymore and I tell myself that I need try it out!! I actually wanted to go to the one which is at The KL & Selangor Chinese Assembly Hall, but the parking were fully occupied thus changed my plan and head to the one which is Shaw Parade...

If you still don't know yet, let me tell you more about this place that every single dishes here is cooked with tea..sounds interesting? And you know what? That the main ability of tea is to absorb all the excessive oil which make the food more healthier to you...

To start with our tea experience meal, this is our snacks, braised peanuts and pickled papaya...

Our Jasmine tea...the fragrance were so nice, I've never taste any tea this nice...

Homemade Braised Beancurd in Tea Sauce (Dong Ding Oolong), you must be thinking that it must be taste wierd when the dishes is cooked with tea, then I must say that you are absolutely wrong...suprisingly it blanded really well... I started to fell in love with it...

Homemade Pan Fried egg with tomato, prawn and tea mill (Tie Guan Yin) which I really like too...there were actually alots of prawns hiding in the egg...

Stir fried bittergourd with salted egg and tea mill (Tie Guan Yin), the bittergourd were so crunchy, and with the generous serving of the salted egg, you don't fell any bitter at all...I actually wanted to try the Stir fried bittergourd with ham choy, but don't why my brain has send the signal to my mouth to order for otherwise...

Even their rice is cooked together with green tea...

Feeling greedy and wanted more, we ordered for the dessert to try...which is also contains tea...

Green tea peanut paste and Almond beancurds in black tea...

Overall, it was a great experince eating here...Price were considered reasonable for me as the portion were actually enough to feed you full...considered here as a place where you can find for healthy yet delicious food, I will definetely come back for more...

And FYI, HSBC card holder can get 10% discount on the total bill...

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin