Saturday, July 11, 2009

Hon Kee Porridge @ Petaling Street

Well, what would you do when you are craving for porridge? I mean a good bowl of porridge. The place which I usually will go is definetely The Famous Hon Kee Porridge @ Petaling Street. This stall have been around here for decades and I believe most of us already have it since we are very young...Just love the texture of their silky smooth porridge...

Usually we'll have one bowl of the "Sang Yue Chok" Raw Fish Porridge, the raw slices of fish will come separately in another small plate where we'll just need to put it in the porridge when we are about to eat it. And it'll cook instanly, haha like magic hor...Eating the porridge together with the "Yaw Char Kuey" Chinese Crullers was a perfect match...If you would like to have some crunchiness in your porridge, you might try as well the porridge with fried intestines, simply awesome as you'll be craving for more...

Hon Kee Porridge
Jalan Hang Lekir, Off Petaling Street.
(opposite Hong Leong Bank Berhad)
Open daily from 5 am to 1 pm

And of course of our meal wouldn't be complete without having a plate of the famous Chee Cheong Fun which is just next to the porridge stall... Would you believe it when this stall is only sells plain Chee Cheong Fun yet they are so many people who eat it?Just plain noodles with the generous serving of sweet and chili and also lotsa of sesame yet it's so delicious when you eat if for once a while...

After our stomach are happily full, we are now ready to go home and while we are on the way to the parking, we passed by this Muachi Stall sells by an auntie... First time I say Muachi which has so many flavor. Beside the plain one, you can have your Muachi with this kind of flavor Lychee, Mango, Ribena, Black Sesame and Pandan...RM5.00 for one small box, it's more expensive than a bowl of my porridge...haha, once in a bluemoon is still ok

4 comments:

JC @ Jessey said...

Never been to petaling street for porridge. So far the raw fish porridge I miss the most is the one I had in Kampar when I still in TARC. The raw fish porridge is awesome.. Hope I got the 2nd chance to go back again..

Carysse said...

Mandy Mandy.... my colleague will be getting the porridge for me. He wil tapao at 5am.. so early rite. haha... cause he starts work at 6am. Can't wait la.. i ordered the meatballs porridge.. they said is thumbs up la. I will post it in my blog later... hohoho. =D

Mandy --blurQueen-- said...

jessey: yea, sometimes even a simple plain porridge can make a awesome meal, but I never been to Kampar le..what's else nice there? mayb can go one day

carysse: wah, your friend so nice wake up so early to tapau for you...ehemm dun tell me ur colleague is Justin ar, haha...i never tapau before, normally eat there. let me know when you have tried it...

Carysse said...

Oh Mandy.. i've just finished my meatball porridge. RM5 and inside got 6 biji meatballs... very full now cause the porridge very thick. Awesome..... my colleague is not justin, but is actually justin's colleague. He supports Australia, so 6am has to work di... =D

Blog Widget by LinkWithin