Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Tan Coffee Shop

A glance at this place, you'll be thinking it's just look like a normal kopitiam. Am I right? That's what I'm thinking everytime I passes by while I'm on my way. home..Don't be fooled by it as it's actually not. It's just sort of like a hidden gem...I guess it's because of the plain looks of the signboard...As for me, I have never thought to try it until one day...my mom shows me some chinese newspaper cutting featuring food(yea, she know I likes food)

The smoking area at the front, wonder why the put two stick of plant in water at each table? better ventilation?or the plant will absorb the smoke? haha... or it's merely for decorative purpose, I think I just think too much...

Cute decorative item...where the heck they get the antique fan?Instead of fortune cat, I think this wooden cat can give the same effect though...

Feeling at home...

The menu

Drink called Doraemon - only found out when the drink arrived, the only things in common with Doraemon it's the colour - and it's a super sour drink...

It's evening that time, so we just ordered for some light snack. Fried Dumpling, an all time favourite. Light, crispy and not oily. Sort of like eating a ballon filled dumpling - as there have very less meat in the middle and it's looks fat because of the air filled in the center. But I like it...perhaps because it's light as I say...

Stewed meat with mantou, served with delicious thick gravy for you to eat together with the soft fluffy mantou...simply awesome

Hubby were attracted by the picture of the Char Siew on their menu. And it was written as home made. He says it was indeed delicious but as for me I'm a fan of Siew Yook, so no comment from me on this ...yea, me and hubby taste are always the opposite and the weirdiest thing is this 2 people from the 2 different world can get together...

Star of the day which I don't think you can find this anywhere else. Ginger Chicken chop with Spinach Mee...sound special huh...I'm don't really like ginger but this taste so yummy...there's actually aren't any taste of ginger at all...and the marinated chicken chop were so crispy. Served with spinach mee, it's really something new to me...

And lastly, do you all know that the table where all these food were placed on is actually a big drum which is used for the lion dance? They have put a big round glass on it so it's looks like a round table...

A Tan Coffee Shop
125, Jalan Sarjana
Taman Connaught
56000 Kuala Lumpur

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin