Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sarawak Kek Lapis

For me I only bout kuih lapis, the multi layer colourful nyonya kuih which I used to eat when I'm a small little kid... But what about kek lapis? Only discovered it when I'm on my Sarawak trip last year...Kek lapis were considered as a Sarawak common delicacy which they usually eat on special occasion...Often being colorful looking, I would also say it's a work of art for me. Price for a roll of this cake usually depend of design of the cake...According to my friend, usually they will need at least 8 hours to complete for a tray of same design...

Can you imagine how someone does all this by hand?yea, we are talking about hand made.

DSC08433a
DSC08434a
DSC06977a

2 comments:

Loveaholic said...

Mandy ~ I've always wanted to try swak kuih lapis but no chance leh... you bought this? Expensive wan rite..

Mandy --blurQueen-- said...

Carysse, i have a friend which his gf is a sarawakian. this kek lapis is made by her...so each time his gf were here, i'll get the chance to taste it, hehe...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin